Planning Commission (PC)
- Rich Baker
- Jason Boudreau-Landis
- David Cera, Vice
- John Kluchka, Chair
- Dean McCarty
- Chuck Segelbaum, Secretary
- Cathy Waldhauser, Chair
- Mark Grimes, Director of Planning and Development
- Lisa Wittman, Administrative Assistant
Advises, recommends, and assists Council in matters relating to planning and growth of the City, including issues relating to the social, economic, and physical environment. The Planning Commission recommends Council approval or denial of proposed land use changes, taking into consideration land use ordinances and the Comprehensive Plan. Seven members.
Meeting Day & Time
- When: 7 pm, second and fourth Mondays of each month (unless other notice is given)
- Where: City Hall Council Chambers, Golden Valley City Hall, 7800 Golden Valley Road (unless otherwise noted)
Planning Commission meetings will be cancelled due to lack of an agenda, if no informal public hearing items are received for comment, or there is no other business to be discussed.
Meetings are televised live on City Cable Channel 16 and webcast live or on demand. The public is encouraged to attend all open meetings and can address the Commission during public hearings.
Minutes & Agendas
Agendas and minutes are posted here as soon as they become available. Minutes remain subject to approval at the next PC meeting.
- January 14 Agenda | Minutes
- January 28 Agenda | Minutes
- February 11 Agenda | Minutes
- February 25 canceled
- March 11 Agenda | Minutes
March 18canceled April 8canceled April 22canceled
- May 13 Agenda | Minutes
- June 10 Agenda | Minutes
- June 24 Agenda | Minutes
- July 8 Agenda | Minutes
- July 22 Agenda | Minutes
- August 12 Agenda | Minutes
- August 26 Agenda | Minutes
- September 9 Agenda | Minutes
- September 23 Agenda | Minutes
- October 14 Agenda | Minutes
- October 28 Agenda | Minutes
- November 18* Agenda | Minutes
- November 25 Agenda | Minutes
- December 9 Agenda | Minutes
- December 23 Agenda | Minutes
* = Date Changed due to Holiday
Public Hearings & Input
The Planning Commission holds informal public hearings on land use proposals so citizens can learn first-hand about such proposals and ask questions and offer comments. Questions and comments become part of the record and will be used by the City Council, along with the Commission’s recommendation, in reaching a decision.
Apply to serve on the Planning Commission
Golden Valley residents who are interested in serving on the Planning Commission should fill out and submit the Advisory Boards and Commissions Application.