Planning Commission (PC)
- David Cera, Chair,
- Chuck Segelbaum, Secretary,
- Rich Baker,
- Ronald Blum,
- Andy Johnson
- John Kluchka
- Cathy Waldhauser,
- Jason Zimmerman, Planning Manager
- Lisa Wittman, Administrative Assistant
Advises, recommends, and assists Council in matters relating to planning and growth of the City, including issues relating to the social, economic, and physical environment. The Planning Commission recommends Council approval or denial of proposed land use changes, taking into consideration land use ordinances and the Comprehensive Plan. Seven members.
Meeting Day & Time
- When: 7 pm, second and fourth Mondays of each month (unless other notice is given)
- Where: City Hall Council Chambers, Golden Valley City Hall, 7800 Golden Valley Road (unless otherwise noted)
Planning Commission meetings will be cancelled due to lack of an agenda, if no informal public hearing items are received for comment, if there is no other business to be discussed, or if there is no quorum.
Meetings are televised live on City Cable Channel 16 and webcast live or on demand. The public is encouraged to attend all open meetings and can address the Commission during public hearings.
Minutes & Agendas
Agendas and minutes are posted here as soon as they become available. Minutes remain subject to approval at the next PC meeting.
- January 12 Agenda | Minutes (Joint Meeting with City Council--not televised)
- January 26 Agenda | Minutes
- February 9 Agenda | Minutes (Regular Planning Commission Meeting)
- February 9 Agenda | Minutes(Joint Meeting with City Council–not televised)
- February 23 Agenda | Minutes
- March 9 Agenda | Minutes
- March 23 Agenda | Minutes
- April 13 Agenda | Minutes
- April 27 Agenda | Minutes
- May 11 Agenda | Minutes
- May 27 Agenda | Minutes
- June 8 Agenda | Minutes
- June 22 Agenda | Minutes
- July 27 Agenda | Minutes
- August 10 Agenda | Minutes
- August 24 Agenda | Minutes
- September 17 Agenda | Minutes
- September 28 Agenda | Minutes
- October 12 Agenda | Minutes
- October 26 Agenda | Minutes
- November 9 Agenda | Minutes
- November 23 Agenda | Minutes
- December 14 Agenda | Minutes
- December 28 Agenda | Minutes
Public Hearings & Input
The Planning Commission holds informal public hearings on land use proposals so citizens can learn first-hand about such proposals and ask questions and offer comments. Questions and comments become part of the record and will be used by the City Council, along with the Commission’s recommendation, in reaching a decision.
Apply to serve on the Planning Commission
Golden Valley residents who are interested in serving on the Planning Commission should fill out and submit the Advisory Boards and Commissions Application.