Planning Commission (PC)
- John Kluchka, Chair,
- David Cera, Vice Chair,
- Chuck Segelbaum, Secretary,
- Rich Baker,
- Jason Boudreau-Landis,
- Cathy Waldhauser,
- Mark Grimes, community development director
- Lisa Wittman, Administrative Assistant
Advises, recommends, and assists Council in matters relating to planning and growth of the City, including issues relating to the social, economic, and physical environment. The Planning Commission recommends Council approval or denial of proposed land use changes, taking into consideration land use ordinances and the Comprehensive Plan. Seven members.
Meeting Day & Time
- When: 7 pm, second and fourth Mondays of each month (unless other notice is given)
- Where: City Hall Council Chambers, Golden Valley City Hall, 7800 Golden Valley Road (unless otherwise noted)
Planning Commission meetings will be cancelled due to lack of an agenda, if no informal public hearing items are received for comment, if there is no other business to be discussed, or if there is no quorum.
Meetings are televised live on City Cable Channel 16 and webcast live or on demand. The public is encouraged to attend all open meetings and can address the Commission during public hearings.
Minutes & Agendas
Agendas and minutes are posted here as soon as they become available. Minutes remain subject to approval at the next PC meeting.
- January 13 Agenda | Minutes
January 27canceled February10canceled
- February 24 canceled
- March 10 Agenda | Minutes
- March 24 Agenda | Minutes
- April 28 Agenda | Minutes
- May 15 Agenda | Minutes (joint meeting with Environmental Commission and Open Space & Recreation Commission on Bottineau LRT DEIS)
- May 28* Agenda | Minutes
- June 9 Agenda | Minutes
- June 23 Agenda | Minutes
- July 14 Agenda | Minutes
- July 28 Agenda | Minutes
- August 11 Agenda | Minutes
- August 25 Agenda | Minutes
- September 8 Agenda | Minutes
- September 22 Agenda | Minutes
- October 13 Agenda | Minutes
- October 27 Agenda | Minutes
- November 10 Agenda | Minutes
- November 24 Agenda | Minutes
- December 8 Agenda | Minutes
- December 22 Agenda | Minutes
* = Date Changed due to Holiday
Public Hearings & Input
The Planning Commission holds informal public hearings on land use proposals so citizens can learn first-hand about such proposals and ask questions and offer comments. Questions and comments become part of the record and will be used by the City Council, along with the Commission’s recommendation, in reaching a decision.
Apply to serve on the Planning Commission
Golden Valley residents who are interested in serving on the Planning Commission should fill out and submit the Advisory Boards and Commissions Application.