Planning Commission Guidelines For Public Input
To aid in citizen understanding and to facilitate comments and questions, the Commission will use the following procedure:
- The Commission Chair will introduce the proposal and the recommendation from staff. Commission members may ask questions of staff.
- The proponent will describe the proposal and answer any questions from the Commission.
- The Chair will open the public hearing, asking first for those who wish to speak to so indicate by raising their hands. The Chair may set a time limit for individual questions/comments if a large number of persons have indicated a desire to speak. Spokespersons for groups will have a longer time for questions/comments.
- Speakers must give their full name and address clearly when recognized by the Chair. Remember, questions and comments are for the record.
- Direct questions/comments to the Chair. The Chair will determine who will answer each question.
- No one will be given the opportunity to speak a second time until everyone has had the opportunity to speak initially. Please limit your second presentation to new information, not rebuttal.
- At the close of the public hearing, the Commission will discuss the proposal and take appropriate action.