Housing & Redevelopment Authority (HRA)
City Council members serve as HRA Commissioners.
- Joanie Clausen
- Larry Fonnest
- Shep Harris
- Steve Schmidgall, Chair
- Andy Snope, Vice Chair
The City Manager serves as the HRA Director and is responsible to the City for day-to-day administration of HRA matters and implementation of HRA policies and directives.
Golden Valley's Housing & Redevelopment Authority (HRA) is a separate legal authority that directs redevelopment projects in the City to remove blight, clean up environmental contamination, and provide for new development to enhance the community and increase the City's taxable valuation.
HRA Meeting Day & Location
- When: 6:30 pm, quarterly, the second Tuesday in January, April, July, and October (unless a special meeting is called)
- Where: City Council Chambers, Golden Valley City Hall, 7800 Golden Valley Rd (unless otherwise noted)
Meetings are televised live on City Cable Channel 16. Meetings are also webcast live and are available for replay on demand.
Meetings are open to the public unless designated as closed executive sessions to deal with confidential matters such as lawsuits or development agreement negotiations.
Minutes & Agendas
Agendas are available for review online and before the meetings at City Hall and the Golden Valley Library. For more information, call the City Manager's Department at 763-593-8006. Minutes are posted as soon as they're available, but remain subject to approval until the next HRA meeting.
- January 13 Agenda | Minutes
- April 14 Agenda | Minutes
- April 21 (special meeting, 5:30 pm) Agenda | Minutes
- July 14 Agenda | Minutes
- August 11 (special meeting, 6 pm) Agenda | Minutes
- September 1 (special meeting, 5:30 pm) Agenda | Minutes
- September 16 (special meeting, 5:45 pm) Agenda | Minutes
- October 13 Agenda | Minutes
Addressing the HRA
The public is encouraged to attend all open meetings and can address the HRA during Public Hearings.