Vote Absentee (Early) Nov 1-7: Golden Valley Voters Place Ballots Directly Into Counting Machines
City of Golden Valley eligible voters will directly place their ballots into a ballot counter when voting in person Nov 1-7. Voting machines will record votes as they are turned in but will not report results until after polls close on Election Day, Nov 8.
Direct balloting is possible after the Minnesota State Legislature passed a new law in 2016. Previously, in-person absentee voters placed their ballots into a series of envelopes.
This new system benefits voters by:
- allowing them to vote at a convenient time
- providing confidence that their ballots are immediately counted
- verifying that ballots are properly filled out and accepted by the counting machine
- eliminating the hassle of placing absentee ballots in series of envelopes
This change also helps election officials by providing:
- faster results reporting on election night
- increased savings in time and materials to administer the election
Voters who live anywhere in Golden Valley may vote in person at Golden Valley City Hall (7800 Golden Valley Rd, Golden Valley) or the Hennepin County Government Center (300 S Sixth St, Minneapolis – skyway level). You must fill out an absentee ballot application in order to receive a ballot.
Early Voting Hours At Golden Valley City Hall
- Tuesday, Nov 1 through Friday, Nov 4, 8 am–4:30 pm
- Saturday, Nov 5, 10 am–3 pm
- Monday, Nov 7, 8 am–5 pm