Douglas Dr Fully Reopens To Traffic
Crews finished paving Douglas Dr (County Rd 102) between Duluth St (County Rd 66) and Hwy 55 Nov 14, and the road reopened to through traffic Nov 15. Expect some short-term delays for the remainder of this week, as crews will be removing construction-related signage and painting temporary road stripes throughout the corridor.
The traffic signals at Frontage Rd intersection will be fully operational by early to mid-December. In the meantime, the Frontage Rd intersection will temporarily be a four-way stop.
Thank you for your patience during reconstruction of this important route. We hope you enjoy the new features of this project, including:
- new road surface offering a smoother ride
- better storm water management
- updated traffic and pedestrian signals
- new spaces and features for people walking, on bicycles, or needing accessibility features
- intersections designed to meet today’s needs
Light Work To Continue For Next Few Weeks
Over the next few weeks, crews will continue with finishing touches like paving trails in certain areas, working on landscaping, and installing street lights. This work will have minimal impact to traffic.
To cap off 2017, touch-up and clean-up work will be completed throughout the corridor. This work will make sure the road is ready for winter travel as well as for snow and ice removal by county crews.
Wrap-up Work In 2018
In 2018, various short-term activities will need to be completed to wrap up the reconstruction project. These activities include:
- finishing installing new traffic signals at Hwy 55
- reconstructing the Union Pacific railroad crossing north of Frontage Rd
- finishing sidewalks and trails
- adding streetscapes and landscaping
- grinding in permanent striping
For More Information
Get additional updates, including the latest information on schedules, detour routes, and construction activities.
Project Website (project status throughout the course of the project)
Project Email Address (get answers to questions during construction)
Project Hotline: 612-543-3485