Permits Required For Recreational Fires
The Golden Valley Fire Department wants residents to know that a recreational fire permit must be obtained from the City before having any recreational fires and it must be available at all times during a rec fire.
Permits can be obtained for free online and in person at the Public Safety Building.
Use these tips to keep you and your neighbors safe during a recreational fire:
- It is recommended that all fires be at least 25 feet away from any structure and 10 feet away from any property line.
- Fires can be no larger than three feet in diameter and three feet high.
- The fire must always be attended by a responsible person age 18 or older until extinguished.
- Only clean wood can be burned. No yard waste, construction materials, or common household trash can be burned or used to start a rec fire.
- A garden hose or other adequate means of extinguishment must be available during any rec fire.
- Recreational fires are not allowed if wind speeds exceed 10 miles per hour.
For more tips and information about recreational fires and to obtain a permit, visit http://www.goldenvalleymn.gov/fire/permits/recreational-fires.php.
This entry posted in | Fire Department