Adult Soccer League
Golden Valley's adult co-rec soccer program, which runs from early September through October each year, is designed to provide an enjoyable recreational soccer opportunity for men and women who live or work in Golden Valley, Crystal, Robbinsdale, New Hope, Maple Grove, Plymouth, or St Louis Park.
Golden Valley's fall adult co-rec soccer league features three competitive levels:
- A: more aggressive teams with experienced players
- B: moderately experienced teams
- C: a fun, recreational opportunity for neighborhood and company teams
Current FIFA rules pertaining to the game of soccer will govern all play unless modified by local Golden Valley rules.
2014 Game Schedules
2014 AB/C Standings
- Standings (updated 10-20-14)
End of Season Tournament
2014 Registration Information
- 2014 Registration Packet Due by August 8 at 4 pm
Registration for the league will be on a resident status, first in, first served basis.
All participating teams must turn in the following registration materials:
- Team registration form
- Conduct/Eligibility form and $100.00 deposit check
- Leage fee: $465 - All resident team/$615 - 5 or more non-residents
Questions? Contact the Golden Valley Park & Recreation Department at 763-512-2345.
General League Information
Game Times & Location
Games are scheduled to begin the weeked of September 5. Generally, half of the games are on Friday evenings and half on Sunday afternoons.
- All resident team: $465
- Team with five or more non-residents: $615
- Participants must be at least 18 years old or have graduated from high school.
- Resident: Anyone who lives or works full time in Golden Valley
- Non-Resident: Anyone who does not live or work full time in Golden Valley
- Players actively playing college or professional soccer are not eligible.
- The deadline for adding players to the roster is September 19, 2014.
To help ensure that only eligible players participate, all team mangers must sign and turn in the Eligibility/Conduct Verification Form along with a personal check (payable to the City of Golden Valley) or VISA/MasterCard information for the sum of $100.
This $100 will be held and not cashed, and will be returned, providing the team does not use or roster any ineligible player or become involved in unsportsmanlike conduct as defined by the Golden Valley Park & Recreation Department.
If a team uses or rosters an ineligible player:
- manager's $100 personal check is deposited
- player and manager are suspended from all Golden Valley athletic programs for one year after $100 deposit is paid
- team will forfeit the games played prior to date of infraction and, if ineligibility is discovered during play-offs, the team shall be removed
- the team will not be allowed to play future games until another $100 personal check from new manager is received in the Park & Recreation office
If any team member, manager, coach, or associate of the team demonstrates unsportsmanlike conduct:
- player shall be immediately ejected from game
- manager's $100 personal check is deposited
- player may be suspended for up to one year from all Golden Valley athletic programs beginning when $100 deposit is paid
- the team will not be allowed to play future games until another $100 deposit is received in the Recreation office
- An unlimited number of players can be placed on each roster.
- Teams must compete with the same roster in play-offs as in league play.
- All players must be on the roster in the Golden Valley Recreation office before the first game they play. Non-compliance could result in forfeiture of games. Additions/changes may be made to team rosters through the date specified for fall league play.
Teams, Season, and Ranking
The league is divided into three divisions of four to eight teams. Division size and ranking is determined once registrations are processed.
All divisions play an eight-week game schedule on a full-size field with experienced officials.
Standings will be determined using a win/loss point system:
- Win - 3 points
- Tie - 1 point (tie games considered final)
- Loss - 0 points
- Forfeit -1 point
Game Procedures and Rules
- Games will begin at the scheduled time. A team must have a least eight players on the field (minimum of three females) at the scheduled time. If there are not eight eligible players, the game is forfeited. Officials will not referee forfeited games.
- A game will consist of two 25-minute halves (running time) with a five-minute intermission.
- A full team (11 players) must have a minimum of four females on the field at all times. A female can be a goaltender and is still considered "on the field." If a team is short a female participant, the team is allowed to compete with three females. However, only seven males are allowed on the field and therefore the team is playing with only 10.
- All team participants must wear a similar colored shirt. Numbers would be greatly appreciated.
- Officials have been requested to be realistic and fair with regard to goalie contact from offensive players.
- A throw-in to the goalie cannot be picked up by the goalie with his/her hands.
- Goal keepers must provide their own distinctive jersey and wear it during the game.
- Game balls will be provided by the Park & Recreation Department.
- Generally three referees will officiate games. Each team may be required to supply a line judge.
- Hands will only be called if the infraction was intentional. Blocking one's body is not intentional. All handball calls are up to the referee’s discretion.
- Kick-off will be determined by a coin toss at start of game.
- Ties remain as a final score.
- Shin pads are mandatory and socks must cover the pads.
- Slide tackles are not allowed; penalty will be left to the referee's discretion.
- Only those players registered with the Park & Recreation Department are allowed to participate in the league.
- Any player receiving a red card will be suspended from current game and next scheduled game. Second red card in same season means suspension for remainder of season.
Teams may initiate protests on violation of eligibility or rules. A protest must be filed in writing within 24 hours of the game day and accompanied by a $25 deposit.
In any question of eligibility, the player will be required to present proof of employment or residence. If a player is found ineligible by either the Park & Recreation Department or by protest, the maximum penalty would include:
- suspension of player and manager from all Golden Valley athletic programs for one year
- forfeiture of all games the ineligible player played before date of protest, and if ineligibility is discovered during play-offs, removal of the team
- forfeiture of $100 manager's check
Protest on rule interpretation must be lodged at the time the infraction occurs and settled on the field before game continues. The decision of the referee is final.
Authority of Officials
Officials have authority to remove or ban a player and/or manager from the game and field should the situation warrant it. The team manager will represent and be responsible for all actions of the team and spectators he/she represents during or after the game.
- Assaults and indignities to players, officials, or scorekeepers will result in automatic suspension from all Golden Valley Park and Recreation leagues for a minimum of one year and forfeiture of the $100 manager's check.
- Any player fighting or throwing punches will be ejected from the current game and suspended for the year. Also, the $100 manager's check will be forfeited.
- Swearing or cursing can be grounds for ejection from the game or park.
- Dress for the weather. In most cases, games will be played.
- Players from the 9 pm game must vacate the park by 10 pm.
- Drinking beer or other alcoholic beverages is forbidden in all city parks.
The Golden Valley Park & Recreation Department is not responsible for injuries sustained to participants.
The City of Golden Valley does not carry any medical insurance; players should have family, company, or team insurance.
Alcoholic Beverages Prohibited
The Golden Valley Police Department will enforce the ordinance forbidding the consumption of beer or alcoholic beverages in all City parks and public areas.