Brookview Community Center
200 Brookview Parkway, Golden Valley, MN 55426
Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 am–4:30 pm (closed City holidays)
The Brookview Community Center is attached to the Brookview Golf Course clubhouse and contains various community rooms and offices.
- From the southeast: Hwy 100 north to west Hwy 55 to Winnetka Ave. South on Winnetka one block, then west on Brookview Pkwy through park to stop sign and straight into parking area. OR I-394 to Louisiana exit, then north to Laurel Ave. West to Winnetka Ave, then north to Western Ave and west to Brookview Pkwy. Go south to parking area.
- From the southwest: Hwy 169 north to east Hwy 55 to Winnetka Ave. South on Winnetka one block, then west on Brookview Pkwy through park to stop sign and straight into parking area. OR I-394 to General Mills Blvd, then left to South Frontage Rd. East to Winnetka Ave, then north to Western Ave and west to Brookview Pkwy. Go south to parking area.
- From the northeast: Hwy 100 south to west Hwy 55 to Winnetka Ave. South on Winnetka one block, then west on Brookview Pkwy through park to stop sign and straight into parking area.
- From the northwest: Hwy 169 south to east Hwy 55 to Winnetka Ave. South on Winnetka one block, then west on Brookview Pkwy through park to stop sign and straight into parking area.
At Brookview Community Center
- Offices for the Parks & Recreation Department
- Seniors Program events and office
- Various Parks & Recreation activities
Rent Brookview's Community Rooms
Looking for a place in Golden Valley for a wedding reception, a party, or a business meeting (up to 200 people)? Brookview Community Center has rooms available to suit your entertaining or business needs, all overlooking the beautiful rolling greens of Brookview Golf Course.
Beginning October 1, 2016 through late fall 2017, due to limited building access during construction of the new community center, Brookview Community Center will not be hosting private party rentals.
Date: Please call Brookview at 763-512-2345 to inquire about a specific date.
Time: Private parties scheduled between mid-September and mid-April may have access to the Community Center no earlier than 1 pm on the day of the event. Hours are more flexible from mid-April through mid-September. The Community Center will close no later than 12:30 am for any function.
Rental Fee for Meetings
Golden Valley Residents and Businesses
$65 per hour, plus a $65 set-up/take-down fee
Non-Golden Valley Residents and Businesses
$75 per hour, plus a $75 set-up/take-down fee
Golden Valley Civic and Non-Profit Organizations
(“Golden Valley” must be incorporated in the name)
Free of charge during normal business hours, Monday–Friday, 8 am–4:30 pm
$25 per hour, plus a $25 set-up/take-down fee outside of normal business hours.
Non-Golden Valley Civic and Non-profit Organizations
$35 per hour, plus a $35 set-up/take-down fee
Rental Fee for Party/Social Events
A $200 reservation fee is payable at the time of application. The Community Center requires a $500 damage and policy compliance deposit, separate from the rental fee. This fee is returned within one week of the event if no deductions are necessary. Final payments are due 30 days before the date of rental.
Fewer than 75 People (using Willow Room and kitchen only)
Fee includes up to 5 hours of use. All groups will be charged a $60 clean-up fee. Reservations may be made up to three months in advance.
- Golden Valley residents, businesses, civic and non-profits: $35/hour, plus $35 set-up/take-down fee.
- Non-Golden Valley residents, businesses, civic and non-profits: $45/hour, plus $45 set-up/take-down fee.
More than 75 People
Fee includes up to 12 hours of use, and set-up/take-down and clean-up. Reservation can be made up to 18 months in advance for Golden Valley residents and 12 months in advance for non-residents.
- Golden Valley residents, businesses, civic and non-profits: $600 for up to 12 hours of use, and $35/hour for each additional consecutive hour.
- Non-Golden Valley residents, businesses, civic and non-profit organizations: $690 for up to 12 hours of use, and $45/hour for each additional consecutive hour.
All service of alcoholic beverages must be provided by Brookview's bar service. The renter or anyone in the party is not allowed to bring any intoxicating beverages into the facility. Please call 763-512-2305 for pricing information.
Any event that serves alcoholic beverages must also serve food.
No alcoholic beverages may be served after midnight. If alcohol is being served anytime during the event and the contracted event time is scheduled past 10:30 pm, a Golden Valley police officer will be arranged (by City staff) and will arrive at 10:30 pm and stay until the end of the contracted time. This will add an additional security fee of $150 to your rental costs.
See the Brookview Alcohol Service menu here.
Only licensed caterers or food establishments must be hired to provide food served at Brookview. The food must be cooked in their licensed kitchens. They may keep the food hot or cold in the Community Center kitchen. A copy of the caterer/food establishment license must be submitted to Brookview 90 days before the event. Potluck meals are not permitted.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing by the permit holder. When cancellation is received 60 or more days before the date of rental, 50 percent of the rental deposit will be refunded. No refunds will be issued for cancellation requests received fewer than 60 days before the date of rental. Rental fees and other charges are completely refundable if the City cancels the use of the Community Center for any reason other than violations by the user.
The permit holder shall assume full responsibility for any unlawful act committed in the exercise of the permit. Gambling of any nature is prohibited.
- Security fee (see Alcoholic Beverages for details): $150
- Exclusive use of deck/patio (4 hours max): $125/day for residents, $150/day for non-residents
- 37" TV with DVD Player: $35/day
- LCD projector: $50/day