Small Business Resources
Local small businesses and business owners are encouraged to take advantage of these free resources to start or grow their business.
Hennepin County residents, small business owners, or entrepreneurs can get free, one-on-one business consultation services and other assistance from Open to Business, a joint program between Golden Valley and the Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers (MCCD).
We Can Help
Are you an entrepreneur who has a great idea for a business but needs the advice of a savvy, experienced business expert to help you work through the countless details of getting it off the ground? Or, are you a small business owner who needs some marketing or strategic planning guidance to take your business to the next level?
If you're a Golden Valley resident, business owner, or wanna-be business owner, Open to Business will work with you to:
- Determine feasibility
- Explore marketing strategies
- Develop financial documents
- Get access to capital
How It Works
With the help of a matching grant from Hennepin County, the City of Golden Valley has contracted with the Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers (MCCD) to provide free one-on-one business consultation to entrepreneurs who live or own a business in their communities.
Open to Business participants will be able to meet with advisors virtually, at Golden Valley City Hall, at the MCCD Office or at an agreed upon location between advisor and client.
Help is available in several areas:
- Business Plan Assistance: Do I need a business plan? If so, what do I include in it?
- Financial Management: What are cash flow projections and why are they important?
- Bookkeeping Set-up and Training: How do I keep track of sales and expenses?
- Loan Packaging: What documents do I need to get a loan? What are my options for obtaining capital? Help is provided for any size loan, start up, or expansion project.
- Real Estate Analysis: Should I rent or own my business space?
- Business Regulations: What licenses or permits do I need? How do I get them?
- Marketing Assistance: Who are my customers and how do I reach them?
- Strategic Planning: How do I evaluate and manage growth?
- Professional Referrals: How do I improve my credit score?
Schedule An Appointment
MCCD Advisor Vicky Gonzalez is available to answer brief questions, offer referrals, and provide short consultations about your business.
Contact Vicky at email@example.com or 612-843-3269 to discuss your business in more detail.
About Open to Business
Open to Business is a joint program between Golden Valley and the Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers (MCCD).
The MCCD is an association of nonprofit community development organizations serving the Twin Cities. MCCD also lends to businesses that do not have access to traditional lending. For more information or to get started, contact Vicky Gonzalez.
Hennepin County wants to make it as simple as possible to start and grow a business here. To support that goal, business owners and entrepreneurs now have free access to Elevate Business HC, a one stop hub bringing expert advising and regional resources together in one place.
Whether you are looking to get your business off the ground, need an attorney to review your contracts, or a marketing expert to help you develop a strategy, there is no better time to connect with an Elevate Business advisor.
For more information, visit the Elevate Business HC website.