Golden Valley Water Distribution Specialist Derek Goddard was presented the Meritorious Operator Award by the Minnesota Section American Water Works Association (MN AWWA) at its September conference. The award is presented annually to an individual who has brought a higher degree of excellence, learning, initiative, and resourcefulness to bear in the operation of a public water supply system.
Award criteria includes:
- continuous compliance with all public health standards in treated drinking water;
- consistent and outstanding contribution to plant maintenance thereby prolonging the useful life of equipment;
- the development of new and/or modified equipment or significant process modifications to provide for more efficient and/or effective treatment;
- special efforts in the training of treatment plant operators;
- special acts not directly related to water treatment, but which demonstrate dedication to the public beyond the normal operating responsibilities;
- consistent and outstanding contribution to operation and/or maintenance of distribution lines, pump stations, and reservoirs.
The MN AWWA is a Section of the American Water Works Association, the world's largest association of water professionals. It is a nonprofit scientific and educational association public health, safety, and welfare through research and dissemination of information and by supporting educational development of its members. Golden Valley is a member city of the MN AWWA.