Three Rivers Park District is seeking community input on a long-range plan for a segment of the CP Rail Regional Trail through Golden Valley and St Louis Park between the Cedar Lake and Luce Line Regional Trails (Segment C on map).
The trail is envisioned as a north-south, multi-use, non-motorized recreational corridor that will extend from the Minnesota Valley State Trail in Bloomington to Crystal Lake Regional Trail at Becker Park in Crystal. It is being planned in segments to allow for more thoughtful community engagement and detailed route analysis.
Alternative route options will consider best balances for feasibility, cost, private property impacts, user experience, and safety. Community input is critical to providing a safe, comfortable, and continuous north-south regional trail for people walking and biking in the near future.
To share feedback about route options:
- visit www.letstalkthreerivers.org/cprail_rt_gv_slp to comment on the interactive map, take a survey, or leave general feedback
- email comments or request a one-on-one meeting at CPRailRT-GV_SLP@ThreeRiversParks.org
- attend an in-person open house:
- Wednesday, July 26, 5:30 pm, Dakota Park, 2643 Dakota Ave S, St Louis Park
- Monday, July 31, 5:30 pm, Brookview Park, 300 Brookview Pkwy N, Golden Valley
- attend a virtual community meeting:
- Thursday, July 27, noon – 1 pm: ThreeRiversParks.link/CPRailRT-GVSLP_LunchMtg
- Wednesday, Aug 2, 5:30 – 6:30 pm: ThreeRiversParks.link/CPRailRT-GVSLP_EveningMtg