The following comments and concerns were expressed by residents about narrower streets at the November 19, 2019 City Council meeting where the street width policy was considered:
- Walking and biking on a narrower street where sidewalks do not exist would be more difficult.
- Snow storage would further narrow the streets.
- Other cities have a standard of 28-foot-wide streets.
- Wider streets eliminate the need to consider parking restrictions on one side of the street.
- Streets are currently very wide (29 to 33 feet), and a 26-foot-wide street would be a big change to the neighborhood.