Leaf Drop-Off Starts Oct 31
October 23, 2015
Golden Valley’s annual fall leaf drop-off provides residents a monitored site to dispose of their leaves at no charge during the last weekend in October and the first weekends in November.
Dates for this year’s drop-off are:
- Saturday, Oct 31, 8 am – 1 pm
- Friday, Nov 6, 8 am – 3 pm
- Saturday, Nov 7, 8 am – 1 pm
- Saturday, Nov 14, 7 am – 1 pm
The drop-off site is at Brookview Park, south of Hwy 55 at Winnetka Ave. During drop-off days, Brookview Parkway will become a one-way road. All traffic must enter the site from Winnetka Ave and exit on Western Ave. Traffic personnel will direct vehicles to drop-off points where other personnel will help residents unload or de-bag leaves.
- All participants must provide proof of Golden Valley residency (Minnesota driver’s license, ID, or proof of identity and address).
- Only leaves are accepted (no brush, garden waste, etc).
- Residents must help de-bag their leaves at the site and take the bags home for reuse or disposal. This includes compostable bags, as the disposal site requires all leaves to be unbagged.
- For fast unloading and to conserve your bags, leave them untied if possible. If you must tie them, do so loosely or use the yellow or clear plastic tabs (they break open easily). Bags that are tightly knotted or tightly tied with wire “twisties” will be cut open to save time.
- Residents hauling loose leaves must help unload their leaves at the site. If you’re hauling loose leaves, line the trailer or truck bed with a tarp before loading the leaves. To unload, help the workers lift the corners of the tarp and dump the leaves into the disposal box.