Douglas Dr and Medicine Lake Rd Intersection Will Close Evenings Aug 16-18
August 12, 2016
The intersection at Douglas Dr (County Rd 102) and Medicine Lake Rd (County Rd 70) will be closed between 7 pm and 5 am Aug 16, 17, and 18 so crews can replace existing water main pipes beneath the intersection.
The detour will use 29th Place N and Brunswick Ave. A flagger will help direct traffic during the closure.
- Motorists traveling south on Douglas Dr will still be able to turn right onto Medicine Lake Rd.
- Motorists traveling eastb on Medicine Lake Rd will be routed north on Douglas Dr to the detour at 29th
- Motorists traveling westb on Medicine Lake Road should use the detour at Brunswick.
Utility Work Is On Track
Crews remain busy removing, relocating. and updating utilities along Douglas Dr, including water, sewer, and storm pipes, as well as gas lines, and electric and telecommunications utilities. In this segment of the roadway, crews will replace:
- 9,100 feet of storm and sanitary sewer pipes
- 8,000 feet of water main pipe
- 7,500 feet of existing gas main
While in the area, it’s important to obey the speed limits and stay alert, including during the evenings and weekends. Traffic changes, construction crews, equipment, and work areas near the roadway can create unexpected situations.
For More Information
Project Website (project status throughout the course of the project)
Project Email Address (get answers to questions during construction)
Project Hotline: 612-543-3485
Chief Project Inspector