Curb And Gutter Installed On Douglas Dr As Crews Prepare To Finish First Segment
October 17, 2016
Last week crews started installing curb and gutter on Douglas Dr (County Rd 102) between Medicine Lake Rd (County Rd 70) and Sandburg Rd. Work is expected to be complete this week.
The new gutters are much wider than usual to accommodate in-street bicycle lanes. These new dedicated bike lanes will be 6 feet wide and will blend in with the curb and gutter. The difference in color between the concrete and darker road pavement creates a more clear distinction between driving lanes and bicycle lanes, creating a safer traveling experience for all road users.
The remainder of the construction season will be focused on finishing up this stage of the project and reopening Douglas Dr before winter weather arrives. This week and next, crews will:
- continue to replace the top layer of soil (subcutting) south of Sandburg Rd
- construct the first of two new retaining walls on Douglas Dr
- replace storm sewer pipes around the Duluth St intersection
- install topsoil along Duluth St to prepare for landscaping in the spring
- grade and lay gravel to prepare for paving the new trail on the east side of Douglas Dr
For More Information
Project Website (project status throughout the course of the project)
Project Email Address (get answers to questions during construction)
Project Hotline: 612-543-3485