Hwy 169 To Close Jan 23 For Nine Mile Creek Bridge Project
January 13, 2017
Starting Jan 23, both directions of Hwy 169 between Bren Rd and 7th St (5th St, Lincoln Dr) will be closed as the Nine Mile Creek bridge is replaced. The entrance ramp from westbound I-394 to southbound Hwy 169 will also be closed. Traffic will be reduced to one lane southbound from Excelsior Blvd to 7th St, and northbound from Hwy 62 to Bren Rd. The construction is expected to cause major traffic impacts.
Northbound traffic will be detoured east on Hwy 62, north on Hwy 100, and west on I-394 to Hwy 169. Southbound traffic will be detoured west on I-394, south on I-494, and east on Hwy 62 to Hwy 169.
The project is part of MnDOT’s Hwy 169 improvement between Hwy 55 and Hwy 62. Completion is expected in October 2017.
Work will include:
- replacing the Hwy 169 bridge over Nine Mile Creek in Hopkins, Minnetonka and Edina (The bridge will be replaced with a causeway, which is a raised road across a low or wet ground. Bridge conditions require that it be replaced by 2020.)
- reconstructing more than six miles of pavement on Hwy 169 between Hwy 55 and just north of Hwy 6
- constructing acceleration and deceleration lanes on Hwy 169 at Cedar Lake Rd
- removing access to and from southbound Hwy 169 at 16th St in St Louis Park
- repairing noise walls
- replacing concrete barrier
- improving pedestrian accessibility
For details and project updates, visit the project website.