Final Douglas Dr Construction Activities To Begin April 12
April 10, 2018
Starting Thursday, April 12, crews will resume construction activities on Douglas Dr between Duluth St and Hwy 55 in Golden Valley. Crews will be working on various short-term activities to complete reconstruction of this corridor.
Over the coming months, crews will:
- finish installation of new traffic signals at Hwy 55
- pour new medians
- finish sidewalks and trails
- add streetscapes and landscaping
- grind in permanent striping
These final tasks should not require full closures. However, people driving, walking, and biking through the area should expect some minor traffic impacts at times.
These final activities to wrap up reconstruction of Douglas Dr are expected to be completed by summer.
As activities continue, you will continue to be able to access local businesses, residences, and employers.
It’s important to follow reduced posted speed limits as you navigate through the work zone.
Traffic changes, construction crews, and work zones near the roadway will demand extra attention from road users, so allow yourself some extra time to reach destinations in the area.
About This Project
In 2016 and 2017, crews reconstructed a majority of the two-mile stretch of Douglas Dr between Medicine Lake Rd (County Rd 70) and Olson Memorial Hwy (Hwy 55).
This corridor is being reconstructed to improve connectivity, function, safety, and aesthetics. The result will create a safer and more efficient road for people driving, biking, and walking, including:
- new pavement for a smoother ride
- new sidewalks and trails with a boulevard buffer along both sides of the road
- improved accessibility for people with disabilities
- safer pedestrian crosswalks and trail crossings
- new street lighting for better visibility
- widened curbs for people biking
- new roundabouts to improve traffic flow and safety for all users
For More Information
Project Website (project status throughout the course of the project)
Project Email Address (get answers to questions during construction)
Project Hotline: 612-543-3485