Brush Pick-Up Starts April 30
Golden Valley’s annual residential Spring Brush Pick-Up, running from April 30 to May 18, gives residents the opportunity to place tree limbs and brush at their curb for collection and disposal.
Pick Up Schedule
The City will be divided into three sections, with a week designated for pick-up in each.
- Section 1: Week of April 30
Area north of Hwy 55 and east of Douglas Dr
- Section 2: Week of May 7
Area north of Hwy 55 and west of Douglas Dr
- Section 3: Week of May 14
Area south of Hwy 55
Brush must be placed on the curb by 8 am Monday the week of pick-up. If there is a lot of brush, pick-up may take longer than a week.
Please observe the following guidelines when preparing your brush for pick-up:
- Tree limbs and brush must be four inches in diameter or less and approximately six feet long or less.
- Stack brush so the larger ends face the street (do NOT tie limbs together).
- Condense brush to one pile per household. Trucks will stop only once at each property, so if there is more than one pile, only one will be picked up.
- Do not use plastic bags.
- Place brush and limbs on the boulevard completely clear of sidewalks, mailboxes, streetlights and sign poles, landscaping and fences, overhead tree branches, and power lines. If piles don’t fit between the curb and sidewalk, place them on the boulevard behind the sidewalk. The contractor uses trucks with automated loading arms to pick up the brush piles. If your brush is stacked near a restricted area or tossed in a pile rather than stacked, it will be left behind.
- No leaves, grass clippings, stumps, soil, roots, limbs exceeding the size limits, building lumber, landscape timbers, or bags of garbage will be picked up. If any of these items are mixed in the brush stacks, the entire stack will be left behind. The contractor will not sort through brush stacks for acceptable material.
To dispose of brush or tree waste not collected in this pick-up, contact your garbage hauler or choose another contractor.
The Spring Curbside Brush Pick-Up is a component of the Golden Valley recycling program. If you have questions about the residential brush pick-up program, call 763-593-8030.