Douglas Drive Construction To Impact Traffic On Hwy 55 Starting Week Of May 28
May 29, 2018
For the past few months, crews have been working toward completing many final tasks on the Douglas Drive project. This work will include closing some lanes on Hwy 55 at the Douglas Dr intersection starting mid- to late-week May 28.
The closures include:
- one lane of traffic approaching the intersections from both directions
- the left turn lane from westbound Hwy 55 to the Olson Hwy Service Rd
- one of the eastbound left turn lanes onto Douglas Dr
Westbound traffic to the Olson Hwy Service Rd south of Hwy 55 will be detoured using Glenwood Ave (County Rd 40).
Signage will help guide people driving through the area.
Weather permitting, crews expect to complete the work and reopen all lanes in one week.
During the next month, crews should be drawing the project to a close with these final activities:
- landscaping and streetscaping (completed by the City of Golden Valley)
- installing the remaining pedestrian push buttons at the Frontage Rd and Hwy 55 intersections
- completing minor underground utility work on Hwy 55
- pouring concrete curbs and medians work on Hwy 55
As activities continue, access is being maintained to all local businesses, residences and employers.
It is important to follow reduced posted speed limits and construction signs to help you navigate through the work zone.
Traffic changes, construction crews, and work zones near the roadway will demand extra attention from road users, so allow extra time to reach destinations in the area.
For More Information
Project Website (project status throughout the course of the project)
Project Email Address (get answers to questions during construction)
Project Hotline: 612-543-3485