More Golden Valley Reads Events Announced
July 17, 2018
For residents participating in the Golden Valley Reads program, multiple book discussions will be held in the coming months, including one with the author of this year’s selection.
This year’s selection for the third annual Golden Valley Reads program is “Vacationland,” by Minnesota author Sarah Stonich. “Vacationland” is a story about a crumbling resort in northernmost Minnesota, currently occupied by the immigrant builder’s granddaughter who has just returned home after her divorce.
Those who want to participate in Golden Valley Reads don’t have to sign up for the program. All you need to do is get the book, which can be found at the Golden Valley Library, or at another Hennepin County Library, starting July 1, and read it sometime before the community discussion with the author.
2018 Golden Valley Reads Events
- Mon, Aug 13, 6:30 pm, Golden Valley Library Book Club Meeting
- Thurs, Sept 6, 10-11 am, Book Discussion
- Wed, Oct 3, 6:30-7:30 pm, Book Discussion around fire pit, Brookview
- Thurs, Oct 11, 6:30 pm, Author Discussion, Brookview
More Golden Valley Reads Events
- Sun, Sept 30, 1 pm, Author Talk: Ren Holland, author of “The Early Resorts of Minnesota“
- Thurs, Oct 18, 10-11 am, History Discussion Club: Minnesota Tourism
All Golden Valley Reads events are free and open to the public. Events take place at Golden Valley Library, 830 Winnetka Ave. N., unless otherwise indicated.
The book can be found at the Golden Valley Library, or at other Hennepin County Libraries starting July 1. Details are available on the City website.