City Code Nearing End Of Recodification Process
In 2017, the City of Golden Valley began the process of recodifying its City Code. The proposed City Code will include up-to-date legislative language and will be reorganized, in hopes of being more user friendly. The updated City Code will also be housed on a new platform, www.municode.com.
The recodification, for the most part, is considered a housekeeping project and involved a complete review of the current City Code for administrative and clerical corrections.
For more information about the recodification of Golden Valley’s City Code, contact City Clerk Kris Luedke at 763-593-8012.
Proposed City Code Adoption Schedule:
- Oct 2, 2018 City Council meeting: Council will hold the first consideration of the City Code Amendment except for the Zoning Code (which only requires one consideration).
- Oct 16, 2018 City Council meeting: Council will hold a public hearing on the Zoning Code Section of the City Code.
- Oct 16, 2018 City Council meeting: Council will hold the second consideration of the complete City Code including the Zoning Code.
- Oct 25, 2018: Date of Publication and when recodified City Code will be put into effect.
- Ongoing: Municode will host Golden Valley’s City Code online and will incorporate new City ordinances as they are adopted.