Council Still Looking For Rising TIDES Task Force Members
The City Council is still recruiting Golden Valley residents for a task force that will help implement GV Rising TIDES, the City’s equity initiatives. Application deadline is Dec 5, 2018.
Rising TIDES (Trust, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice) stems from the phrase “A rising tide lifts all boats.” The task force will meet monthly beginning January 2019 and focus on ways to:
- diversify employee recruitment
- ensure equity in City programming, services, and facilities
- communicate the equity plan to community members
- increase diversity in City boards/commissions, advisory groups, and elected officials
- eliminate potential biases when reviewing City contracts and RFPs
- review community outreach and education initiatives
The City believes the Rising TIDES Task Force should reflect the diversity of the Golden Valley community. Applications are open to people of all ages who live or attend school in Golden Valley, and the City encourages participation by people who identify as LGBTQ, Native American, disabled, a person of color, or a member of any other underrepresented community. To apply, submit a letter of interest with your contact information and responses to the following questions:
- Why do you believe equity work within a community is important?
- How will your unique perspective and experiences contribute to reaching the goals of the Rising TIDES Task Force?
Send letters of interest to Human Resources Director Kirsten Santelices, 7800 Golden Valley Rd, Golden Valley, MN 55427, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Dec 5, 2018.
This entry posted in | Community