Student Vacancies For Many City Boards And Commissions

The Golden Valley City Council is looking for youth in the community to serve on the City’s Advisory Boards and Commissions. Currently the Human Rights Commission, Human Services Commission, Planning Commission, and the Board of Zoning and Appeals are in need of at least one youth commissioner.

Human Rights Commission

This commission advises and assists the City Council in matters of human rights, and meets monthly at City Hall. The group includes seven regular members and two student members.

Human Services Commission

The Human Services Commission (HSC) plans and holds events to help raise money for local human service organizations, and advises the City Council on the allocation of funds. The Commission meets monthly at Brookview but requires additional time commitment for planning and working at fundraisers. The HSC includes 10 total members including seven citizens-at-large, two community or business members, and one student member.

Planning Commission

The City’s Planning Commission advises, recommends, and assists the council in matters relating to planning and growth of the City, relating to the social, economic, and physical environment. The group meets monthly at City Hall and has seven regular members and one non-voting student.

Board of Zoning and Appeals

This board hears requests for variances from the city code (zoning), and meets monthly at City Hall. The Board includes five regular members and one non-voting student member.

To be eligible, students must be in grades 9–12 and live or attend school in Golden Valley. For more information, visit the City website or contact City Clerk Kris Luedke at 763-593-8012.

This entry posted in | Community