City Outlines Continuation Of Operations Policies Through April 3
March 16, 2020
After closing facilities and suspending programs and events effective March 14 through April 3, the City of Golden Valley made several operational changes in response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Tim Walz’s March 15 Executive Order.
The following City facilities are closed through April 3:
- Golden Valley City Hall (7800 Golden Valley Rd)
- Golden Valley DMV (7800 Golden Valley Rd)
- Brookview Golden Valley, including Brookview Backyard, Brookview Golf & Lawn Bowling, Three One Six Bar + Grill, and Brookview Events & Celebrations (316 Brookview Parkway S)
- Public safety emergency services will continue as usual, and the Public Safety Building will be staffed with emergency responders 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 16, non-emergency City employees will no longer report to work at City buildings. All employees who are able to work remotely will work from home. To mitigate the risk of financial hardship to employees and their families, the City will continue to pay all employees, including employees who cannot work remotely, at their normal rate of pay. Employee staffing policies may change as the situation continues to evolve.
- During the closure, employees will have limited access to their office phones. The best way to communicate with employees during this time is by email.
- All building inspections and inspections of other permits (ROW, stormwater, etc) are postponed until further notice.
- Inflow and Infiltration inspections are currently postponed. Residents may hire private contractors to televise their sewer lines and send results to the City for review. Call 763-593-3960 before the initial inspection or with questions.
- Procedures are in place to continue providing water and sanitary sewer services. Call 763-593-8000 for water or sanitary sewer emergencies.
- With emergency response being the main priority, until further notice Public Safety staff will no longer provide fingerprinting services for the public nor process solicitor permit applications.
- Utility payments can be made online via the City website or dropped at City Hall in the drop box near the front door. Go to the City website and search “utility billing.” If you have questions, call 763-593-8016 and leave a message. City staff will return your call. The City will not turn off water due to non-payment.
- The City’s DMV office will be closed until April 3. To renew your tabs, go to dps.mn.gov. Dealers can call 763-593-8047.
- All Parks & Recreation activities, classes, programs, events, and Brookview facility rentals, are canceled or postponed through April 3. This includes all non-City events scheduled through April 3 at Brookview Golden Valley.
- The March 17 City Council meeting will be held virtually. Updates and links will be available on the City website before the meeting. To participate in the meeting, email a City Council Member or the City Manager before 4:30 pm March 17.
- The March 23 Planning Commission meeting is canceled and the public hearing will be rescheduled. Check for updates on the Planning Commission web page.
- All other City Board and Commission meetings are canceled through April 3.
The City’s Emergency Management Team will continue to evaluate the situation following MDH guidelines. Watch for City updates.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the MDH website or may call the MDH COVID-19 Hotline at 651-201-3920.
This entry posted in | Community