Golden Valley DMV Processing Tab Renewals Through Utility Drop Box
April 7, 2020
The State of Minnesota has allowed state DMV offices to offer limited service while the state is under the Governor’s Stay At Home order. Starting April 6, the Golden Valley DMV will process tab renewals through the Utility Drop Box located outside the City Hall main doors.
Place the following in an envelope and place in the Utility Drop Box near the front door of City Hall:
- renewal bill from the state (include both top and bottom halves)
- insurance company name, policy number, and expiration date
- check or money order, payable to City of Golden Valley
- driver’s license number on the check
- phone number on the envelope so we can call you if needed
You can also mail your paperwork and check to:
Golden Valley DMV
7800 Golden Valley Rd
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Renewed tabs will be sent in the mail.
Although the Golden Valley DMV does not process license renewals, residents should know that Governor Tim Walz signed a bill into law March 28 providing an extension for Minnesotans whose driver’s licenses or ID cards expire during the peacetime emergency.
The law extends the expiration date for any valid driver’s license, instruction permit, provisional license, operator’s permit, limited license, and farm work license for two months after the peacetime emergency ends.