Run The Valley Now Being Held Virtually June 5–14
April 18, 2020
The Golden Valley Human Service Commission (GVHSC) has restructured the annual Run the Valley to be a virtual race this year. Participants are asked to run or walk their race between June 5–14 and post their results online. Organizers still hope to receive many sign ups as donations are needed now more than ever.
COVID-19 has caused some people to lose work hours and even their jobs. As a result, some aren’t able to afford or find basic necessities like food and toiletries. Fundraising events like Run the Valley, along with donations, allow the GVHSC to donate to many organizations in Golden Valley whose primary goals are to help people in need. This year the GVHSC allocated more than $78,000 to non-profit agencies including Community Mediation & Restorative Services, Crisis Nursery, HUG, Northwest Suburban Dinner At Your Door, PRISM, ResourceWest, Senior Community Services HOME Program, Senior Community Service Outreach, Sojourner Project, The Bridge For Youth, TreeHouse, and YMCA New Hope.
The GVHSC asks those who can to consider making a charitable donation either directly to one or more of these organizations or register for events like Run the Valley to help with future GVHSC allocations.
How To Participate In Run The Valley
- Sign up for the race online by May 25, if you have haven’t already. Official race shirts will be mailed after the registration deadline (while supplies last).
- Put on your Run the Valley shirt, find your race route or a treadmill, and start your race. Participants can also use the 2020 Run the Valley route in Golden Valley.
- If you are running the 5K or 10 K, track your time. If you are doing the Kids Fun Run or 5K walk, share photos online with the hashtag #RunTheValleyGV.
- Once you finished your race, upload your results here.
- If you haven’t already, share photos of your race on the Run the Valley Facebook event or on other social media platforms with the hashtag #RunTheValleyGV.