Tune-In To The City’s Equity Forum Tonight At 6 PM
July 28, 2020
The City’s conversation on equity, “Building An Equitable Golden Valley,” will take place tonight 6–7:30 pm virtually.
The forum will provide an open space for community members to share, listen, and reflect on efforts to create equitable experiences for all Golden Valley residents and visitors while also processing the events that have happened over the last several months in Minneapolis and around the country.
Panelists will include Golden Valley Mayor Shep Harris, City Manager Tim Cruikshank, Police Chief Jason Sturgis, Rising TIDES Chair Joelle Allen, and Human Rights Commission member Kyle Scott. Amber Alexander, from the Rising TIDES Task Force, will moderate the forum.
Organizers compiled a list of things participants should keep in mind during the event.
- Embrace All Perspectives
- Each perspective has the right be shared and heard.
- We don’t have to agree.
- Assume Positive Intent
- Take the time to ask questions and understand the experience that is informing a person’s point of view.
- Speak Your Truth
- Share your personal story, feelings, and experiences.
- Avoid generalizing, stereotyping, hypothetically speaking.
- Agree on the Goal, Be Flexible on the Solutions to Get There
- Many solutions can coexist.
How To Participate
There will be multiple ways to watch the discussion online.
- To watch and participate in the forum via Webex, click here. Event password is VTw5V8dk7SP. Webex viewers will be able to ask questions using the Q&A function. The chat function will not be monitored.
- To watch the live stream via CCXMedia.org, click here.
- To watch and participate in the live stream via the City of Golden Valley Facebook page, click here. Use the comment section of the video to ask questions. Questions will be forwarded to the event moderator.
To watch the the forum on television, tune into City Cable Channel 16 at 6 pm, Tue July 28.
To listen to the discussion by phone, call +1-415-655-0001 and enter Meeting ID 133 322 2341.
To call-in to the discussion and ask a question or share a thought, call 763-230-7454. For technical assistance, contact the City at 763-593-8007 or email@example.com.