Residents And Community Members Encouraged To Apply For Facilities Needs Task Force
September 21, 2020
The City of Golden Valley is conducting a study to better understand and plan for its long-term building needs and to determine how they can best serve the community while maximizing opportunities for a future downtown Golden Valley. To help with the study, the city is looking for residents to serve on a task force to provide insight and feedback to the facilities study discussion.
The Task Force is expected to meet monthly between Fall 2020 and Summer 2021 and will consist 10–12 residents, business community members, and institutional representatives that will work with the City’s architectural consultant and a staff steering committee.
- Residents (4-5) representing:
- different geographic locations within the city
- diverse backgrounds and ages
- varied tenure in the community
- both property owners and renters
- Business community members (2–3) representing:
- a large employer
- a small business
- an institution or non-profit
- One City Council and one Planning Commission representative to:
- chair the Task Force and provide a land use perspective.
- At-large members (1-2) who:
- do not meet the above criteria or fit into one of the categories, but who provide a unique and valuable perspective to the discussion
To be considered for membership on the Facilities Study Task Force, complete the application form by Oct 5, 4:30 pm and email or mail to:
Physical Development Director
City of Golden Valley
7800 Golden Valley Road
Golden Valley, MN 55426
To learn more, visit the Facilities Study Task Force page on the City website.