Proposed 2021 Levy For Housing And Redevelopment Authority Is $72,000
November 20, 2020
The Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) has a proposed 2021 tax levy of $72,000. Residents should have received their 2021 property tax statement in the mail last week and this levy is included with the other special tax districts on that statement.
For a median Golden Valley home, valued at $335,000, the levy for $72,000 is an additional $4.95/year
This proposed tax levy along with $90,000 of its own housing fund monies will be put towards accomplishing the following goals in 2021.
- Lead implementation of the City’s housing initiative.
- Build collaborative relationships with multi-family property owners and managers, civic groups, industry groups, and non-profit organizations.
- Lead implementation of the City’s economic development strategy.
- Coordinate efforts around business retention and attraction.
Preserve Existing Affordable Housing
- Support low interest loans for improvements on naturally occurring affordable housing properties.
- Support home renovation programs for seniors.
Fund New Affordable Housing Opportunities
- Support community land trust, down payment assistance, gap funding for first time home buyers, and more.
To review the complete 2021 proposed budget, visit the City’s budget page.
This entry posted in | Finance Department