GV Emergency Has A New Look And More Features
December 30, 2020
GV Emergency, the City’s mass notification tool, is now powered by a new platform called CodeRED.
The emergency notification platform the City previously used will be discontinued in 2021.
Emergency notifications will tell you to take action and are only used as needed.
General notifications will include messages to help you make informed decisions. These notifications will be used more frequently and only go to people who opt in.
Register For GV Emergency
The City of Golden Valley strongly recommends all residents sign up for GV Emergency to stay informed in the event of an emergency. Residents previously registered for GV Emergency will need to re-register.
- Visit bit.ly/gv-subscribe and click “Subscribe.”
- Create a username and password.
- Enter your address and preferred contact methods (voice, text (SMS), email, etc). If you prefer to not receive general notifications, un-check “General Notifications” under Alert Type.
- Once you’ve finished entering your information, click “Verify Information.”
- Finally, download CodeRED’s mobile app to receive emergency notifications in participating areas while traveling.
For questions, please call the Golden Valley Fire Department at 763-593-8055.