New Xcel Energy Initiative Incentives Electric Vehicles
January 11, 2021
Xcel Energy is launching an electric vehicle charging program, EV Accelerate At Home, that will make charging at home easier, faster, and cheaper.
This first of its kind program in Minnesota enables Xcel Energy customers to receive low-cost electricity pricing for electric vehicle (EV) charging so they can charge for less than the equivalent of $1 per gallon of gas. Customers enrolled in this program will also receive a faster EV charger with embedded energy-monitoring capabilities allowing them to save money by charging up their vehicle between midnight and 6 am.
The faster chargers installed through this program ensure customers can charge their EV much faster than using a simple charger that plugs in to a typical household outlet. Customers can choose to pay for this new charger and installation up-front, or as a monthly charge on their bill.
How It Works
- Customers select an electric vehicle charger from a list of pre-qualified options.
- Xcel Energy installs the charger in under four weeks and maintains it.
- Customers charge their vehicles for less when charging overnight.
You are eligible if you:
- drive an electric vehicle, such as an all-electric or plug-in hybrid;
- live in a residence that recieves electric service from Xcel Energy in Minnesota;
- have access to Wi-Fi at the charging location
This program is part of the company’s goal to power 1.5 million EVs on the road in the company’s service areas by 2030.
For more information and to enroll in the program, visit the Xcel Energy website.
This entry posted in | Physical Development