Golden Valley Encourages Residents To Continue Wearing Masks
May 14, 2021
Per the latest recommendations from the CDC, the State of Minnesota ended its state-wide mask mandate Fri, May 14 and is loosening COVID-19 restrictions. Following these guidelines, the City of Golden Valley has begun adjusting its COVID-19 practices.
Based on current data and trends, the City will not be pursuing a mask mandate at this time. However, the City:
- strongly encourages community members to wear masks for their protection and the protection of others
- recognizes private businesses and organizations still have the authority to implement a mask mandate on their premises
- asks residents to be respectful of others regarding mask wearing
As COVID-19 restrictions loosen and as vaccination rates rise, the City expects to offer more services and events to the public. As of now:
- the City will continue to offer limited services by appointment through approximately mid-June
- City Council, Board and Commission, and Task Force meetings will be held virtually through the end of June
- the City plans to fully reopen to the public no later than July 1, 2021.
For more information about the City reopening and events and activities, check the City website.
This entry posted in | Community