Residents Should Use Water Wisely During Dry Summer Conditions
June 29, 2021
The metro area is experiencing a moderate drought because of extended hot and dry weather and long periods of time between rain events. To help take stress off the City’s water supply source, use your water wisely.
Tips For Conserving Water
- Take shorter showers using reduced-flow showerheads instead of baths.
- Turn the faucet off while you shave or brush your teeth.
- Load dishes into the dishwasher without rinsing them.
- Run the dishwasher only when it’s fully loaded.
- Fill the sink to wash dishes by hand instead of letting the water run.
- Use a large pan to clean vegetables rather than letting the water run.
- Only wash full loads of laundry.
- Water grass only when it needs it. Most lawns only need an inch of water a week.
- Water during the coolest part of the day to avoid evaporation.
- Use a bucket for washing the car and running the hose only to rinse.
Find more information on wise water use on the Environmental Protection Agency website.
This entry posted in | Public Works