- Boards & Commissions
- Community Services Commission
Community Services Commission
The Community Services Commission (CSC) assists at events to help raise money to meet previously identified human service needs in the community. Advises City Council on the allocation of funds. Requires additional time commitment for working at fundraisers. Members: four regular and one youth member. Term: Three-year staggered (one-year for student).
- 6:30 pm
- second Monday of each month, from July–Nov
- 316 Brookview Parkway
Brookview Golden Valley
Golden Valley, MN 55426
Community Services Commission meetings will be canceled due to lack of an agenda if there is no business to be discussed or if there is no quorum.
- To attend the meeting on Webex, call 415-655-0001 and enter meeting code: 246-247-5908.
- For technical assistance, contact the City at 763-593-8007.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- July 17 (PDF)
- Sept 11 (PDF)
- Oct 9 (PDF)
- Nov 13 (PDF)
Mission and Funding Request Guidelines
The Community Services Commission (the Commission) exists to support human service needs in the community and recommend action to the City Council regarding funding those needs. With these goals in mind, the Commission will:
- identify the community's needs for human services
- develop guidelines to evaluate funding requests and allocate funds to human service organizations that meet the identified needs of the community
- review funding requests and recommend allocating funds for community service organizations that meet the identified needs of the community
- encourage and enlist participation from the greater Golden Valley community
Make A Donation
Help make a difference in Golden Valley and consider a tax-deductible donation of $10, $20, $30, or more.
There are two ways to give. If you choose to pay by check or money order, complete the Make A Donation (PDF) and follow the guidelines for mailing or drop-off. This method of giving allows the most flexibility for choosing gift size and allocation.
If you choose to pay by credit card, keep in mind your donation will be allocated evenly to the organizations you designate, due to the limitations of our payment software. Thank you!