Views of the Valley Photo Contest
Frame, focus, click, and capture the beauty of your surroundings for the Views of the Valley photo contest. People, places, buildings, landscapes—as long as it’s in the city limits, it’s game. Celebrating Golden Valley since 1993!
The deadline to submit photos for the 2022 contest was Fri, June 17, 4:30 pm.
The deadline for the 2022 Photo Contest was Fri, June 17 at 4:30 pm.
- You must be a Golden Valley resident (City employees and their families are not eligible to enter).
- You may submit any type of photo taken in Golden Valley, but photos that fit the current year's theme will be awarded additional points by judges. The theme for 2022 was Anything But Birds, Bug, & Botanicals.
- All entries submitted must be your own work.
- Submit up to three color or black-and-white photo finish prints (no panoramas).
- Print photos must be on photo-quality paper (no slides or photocopies).
- Photos cannot have a copywrite on them.
- Do not mat or frame photos.
- Include complete entry information for each photo (Digital Photo Entry Form). Be sure to include the location of the photo.
- All decisions will be final, and judges reserve the right not to award in any category.
- The City of Golden Valley will not be responsible for lost entries.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to re-categorize or disqualify any entrant.
- If there are identifiable people in the photo and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photo. Photo Release Form
Entrants must agree to let the City of Golden Valley publish entered photos in City publications with proper credit. All photo entries become the property of the City of Golden Valley and are not returned.
Voting for the 2022 Views of the Valley People’s Choice Award is now closed. Thank you to everyone who voted.
The top three winners will each receive $50, and the grand prize winner will receive an additional $50. The People's Choice prize is $25. Winning photos will be published in CityNews and the City website. Winners will also receive certificates of appreciation.