City Notifications & Alerts
The City strives to effectively communicate with its residents and uses multiple tools to do so--GV Emergency for mass emergency notifications and GV DirectConnect for email subscriptions.
GV Emergency is a mass notification tool to help the City more effectively communicate with residents in the event of an emergency. It will provide important information via text, phone call, or email, depending on subscriber preferences. The system will only be used during community-wide or localized emergencies as well as in situations that may affect public safety or City services.
How Does This Work?
- Click the subscribe button above. You will be directed to a page to create a username and a password.
- You will then be directed to your account page, where you will enter pertinent information, like your address and preferred contact methods (email, phone, SMS, etc) that will help provide you with the most accurate emergency information possible. GV Emergency will include all fixed telephone lines within the City of Golden Valley.
- To complete registration, click Verify Information.
The CodeRED mobile app provides emergency notifications in participating areas while traveling
You can change your account information, or unsubscribe, at any time from your account page.
GV DirectConnect is a City email subscription service that offers a variety of information on everything from City Council meeting updates to recreation programs. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to any of the lists at any time.
Electronic news and information published by the City is distributed in good faith based on available information at the time of distribution. Information is subject to change.
How Does This Work?
- Enter your email address above. You will be directed to a page to verify your email, choose a password (not required), and add a wireless number if you want to receive text message alerts on your phone (not available for every category).
- You will then see a list of choices for all the available email update categories from the City. Check the ones you want to receive, and then click "Save."
- You will receive an email saying you just subscribed. You can change your subscription preferences, or unsubscribe, at any time—just come back to this page or find instructions in any City email you receive.
- If you subscribed using only the "SMS/Text Message" option, you won't be able to unsubscribe from the Subscription Preferences page. To unsubscribe from text messages, text the word "Stop" to 468311.
Your telephone number, email address, Internet user name, password, Internet protocol address, and any other similar data related to your online account or access procedures are private data pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 13.356. The City of Golden Valley will only use this data for the purpose of electronic notification services. Your private data is only accessible to those City staff persons and City contractors whose job duties require access or when the City is required by law or court order to release the data. Failure to provide this private data will prevent you from being included in this electronic subscription service.