Transportation & Transit
Since 2018, the City of Golden Valley has welcomed the deployment of shared mobility vehicles such as bicycles and scooters. The City allows up to two providers to obtain annual licenses to deploy scooters in Golden Valley and limits the total number of scooters to no more than 200.
Electric scooters provide a fun, sustainable, and affordable way for people to travel around and experience Golden Valley. They can be used on roads and in bike lanes and have a maximum speed of 15 mph. Scooters must not be parked in a way that impedes pedestrians, building entrances, driveways, or parking areas. Riders are required to be 18 years old or older to access the scooters. Riders are also encouraged to wear a helmet on every ride and required to obey all standard rules of the road.
Bird, Inc is licensed by the City to deploy scooters throughout Golden Valley in 2022. Bird offers a variety of payment methods access its scooters (even if you don’t use a smartphone), including free rides for healthcare workers and emergency personnel and discounted pricing for seniors, veterans, and those using assistance programs. For more information, see Bird’s website at bird.co/community.
To report improperly parked or damaged scooters, or for questions or concerns about scooters, contact Bird Rides, Inc at 1-866-205-2442 or email@example.com.
- Are there other mobility-sharing companies operating in Golden Valley?
Currently, Bird is the only company operating in Golden Valley. However, there are several other scooter sharing companies operating in surrounding cities, and those scooters could find their way into Golden Valley.
- Will bikes also be deployed in Golden Valley in 2021?
No. At this time Bird is only deploying scooters.
- What do I do if I have a complaint about another company’s scooter in Golden Valley?
Below is contact information for other companies with scooter operations in the region:
- Lyft - www.lyft.com/scooters, 877-551-6423, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spin - www.spin.app, 888-262-5189, email@example.com
- Lime - www.li.me, 888-LIME-345, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NiceRide - www.niceridemn.com/contact, 1-877-551-6423